The Argosy Library: Series 11 (Ten Book Set)
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 11 of The Argosy Library:
- The Phantom in the Rainbow by Slater LaMaster
- Threads of Evidence: The Complete Cases of Riordan, Volume 1 by Victor Maxwell
- Masters of Darkness by Murray Leinster
- Lies at Any Price: The Complete Cases of Gillian Hazeltine, Volume 1 by George F. Worts
- He Rules Who Can by Arthur Gilchrist Brodeur
- The House of the Ego: The Complete Cabalistic Cases of Semi Dual, Volume 3 by J.U. Giesy and Junius B. Smith
- Death to a Tenor by Fred MacIsaac
- Murder’s Masquerade: The Complete Cases of Mike & Trixie, Volume 1 by T.T. Flynn
- The Land of Limping Law: The Complete Cases of Calhoun, Volume 1 by Edward Parrish Ware
- Cocked Dice: The Complete Cases of Daffy Dill, Volume 1 by Richard B. Sale
Get all of Series 11 at a big discount!
He Rules Who Can (The Argosy Library)
Harald Sigurdsson, Norwegian prince, arrives in Constantinople in 1038 with 500 soldiers, whereupon he is offered command of the Varangian Guard, the Norse half of the Emperor’s bodyguard. Harald, entangled in Greek lies and intrigue, hardly knows whom to trust: John, the real ruler of the Eastern Empire; Zoe, the widowed Empress, or the Patriarch of the Eastern Church who had schemes of his own. Written by longtime Adventure magazine contributor, Arthur Gilchrist Brodeur, He Rules Who Can is one of the most authentic historical action stories to see print in Argosy magazine.
The Adventures of Faidit and Cercamon
This volume collects all the stories of Brodeur’s medieval heroes Pierre of the Sword and Cercamon the Troubadour which were published in Adventure between 1921 and 1925. Set in the middle of the 12th century Brodeur tells exciting tales about dramatic sieges and battles, deadly political intrigues, tournaments and duels with noble and not so noble opponents and bloody fights against ruthless outlaw gangs. Rich in historical detail—which never distracts from the adventure—Brodeur brings to life the medieval world of Southern France, Normandy, England, Moorish Spain and the Holy Land.