This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 5 of The Argosy Library:
- Eric of the Strong Heart by Victor Rousseau
- Murder on the High Seas and The Diamond Bullet: The Complete Cases of Gillian Hazeltine by George F. Worts
- A Columbus of Space and The Moon Metal: The Garrett P. Serviss Omnibus, Volume 1 by Garrett P. Serviss
- The Woman of the Pyramid and Other Tales: The Perley Poore Sheehan Omnibus, Volume 1 by Perley Poore Sheehan
- The Black Tide: The Complete Adventures of Bellow Bill Williams, Volume 1 by Ralph R. Perry
- The Nine Red Gods Decide: The Complete Adventures of Cordie, Soldier of Fortune, Volume 2 by W. Wirt
- A Grave Must Be Deep! by Theodore Roscoe
- The American by Max Brand
- The Complete Adventures of Koyala, Volume 1 by John Charles Beecham
- The Cult Murders by Alan Forsyth
Get all of Series 5 at a big discount!
Murder on the High Seas and The Diamond Bullet: The Complete Cases of Gillian Hazeltine (The Argosy Library)
Long considered the prototype of Erle Stanley Gardner’s fictional attorney, Perry Mason, Gillian Hazeltine was the most popular criminal attorney/investigator series characters from the golden era of the pulps. Author George F. Worts is known for his adventure characters Peter the Brazen and Singapore Sammy, but Gillian Hazeltine was his longest-running series, clocking in at nearly 30 courtroom adventures. This edition collects two successive adventures:
Murder on the High Seas: a female passenger on the schooner Jula Jungle has been accused of murdering her own father by the entire crew. Hazeltine has agreed to defend her, but shall he regret the decision once he learns his lifelong opponent—D.A. Yistle—is acting as the Federal prosecutor?
The Diamond Bullet: Doomed to be convicted of murder by the reluctant testimony of the girl who loves him, a young farmer is being sacrificed to gangsters’ political ambitions… and Hazeltine doesn’t see any way to save him.