One of the most beloved pulp characters, The Black Bat, is finally celebrated with this 340 page deluxe retrospective. Author Tom Johnson has indexed each issue, listing everything you need to know about the series, along with the following highlights:
- A complete reprint of the rejected Black Bat adventure, “The Lady’s Out for Blood”
- A breakdown of the newly-discovered final Black Bat story, “The Celebrity Murders”
- All 800 German Black Bat stories newly identified for english audiences
- Nine complete reprints of the Black Bat’s golden Age comic book stories
- An interview with series creator Norman Daniels as well as his complete payment records… available here for the first time
Featuring additional articles by Will Murray, this is the ultimate history of the series.
For the first time, all five Doctor Death pulp adventures are collected in two volumes in this series authorized by the Ward estate. Volume 2 contains the two unpublished stories from 1935: “Waves of Madness” and “The Red Mist of Death,” both complete for the first time. Includes an all new introduction.
The longest-running hero of the pulp era! For the first time, the history of the Phantom Detective is bought under one volume, completely updated! Includes an index to nearly 175 stories, 100s of pages of articles, two unused Phantom story plots from the mid-1930s and nearly all of the Phantom’s comic book appearances. It’s 400 pages of must-own information for any pulp fan to enjoy.