This is a cover painting for an as-yet unidentified Western pulp magazine by well-known cover artist Sam Cherry (1903-1975).
Condition-wise, it has overall grime. The canvas is coming apart from the stretcher towards the top right corner area. Some paint loss and minor holes. This would look fantastic with just a little conservation.
Signed at the bottom right.
- Media: Oil on canvas
- Dimensions: 22″ high x 17″ wide
Large interior pulp magazine illustration attributed to Nick Eggenhofer (1897-1985). Matted nicely. There is some foxing visible, and a small tear to the board (visible at bottom right).
- Media: Ink on board
- Matted: 21.5″ high x 30″ wide
- Image only: 15″ high x 23″ wide
Interior illustration for “Strictly Business” by Robert Ormond Case from the May 1951 issue of Blue Book magazine by Leland Gustavson (1894-1966). Matted.
- Media:Illustration is mix media on flat canvas
- Dimensions: 15″ high x 12″ wide
Interior illustration for “Swamp Angel” by Raymond S. Spears from the May 1940 issue of Blue Book magazine by Leland Gustavson (1894-1966).
- Media: Mix media on flat canvas
- Dimensions: 23″ high x 17″ wide
Excellent oil painting prelim by pulp illustrator Jerome Rozen (1895–1987). This is for an interior illustration for Boys’ Life magazine. Nicely framed.
- Media: Oil on paper
- Framed: 15″ high x 13.5″ wide
- Image only: 8″ high x 6.5″ wide
Interior illustration for “No Mortals on Earth” by Georges Carousso from the October 14, 1944 issue of The Saturday Evening Post by Benjamin Albert Stahl (1910-1987). Matte on board.
- Media: Ink and wash
- Overall: 18″ high x 13″ wide
- Image only: 8.5″ high x 3″ wide