The companion magazine to Famous Fantastic Mysteries, Fantastic Novels Magazine initially reprinted longer stories from the Frank A. Munsey library of classic fantasy & science fiction pulps, including stories from magazines such as Argosy, The All-Story, The Scrap Book and The Cavalier. The first issue contains classic stories by Austin Hall & Homer Eon Flint, and Perley Poore Sheehan, and artwork by Virgil Finlay.
Best known as the author of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? author Charles F. Myers began his writing career in the pages of the science fiction pulp magazine, Fantastic Adventures, wherein he introduced readers to the adventures of Marc Pillsworth and his imaginary girlfriend, the beautiful Toffee. For the first time, the complete series has been collected, remastered from the original magazine appearances in Fantastic Adventures, Imaginative Tales, and Imagination Stories of Science and Fantasy, along with all of the original illustrations by Rod Ruth, William Brady, Harold McCauley, Enoch Sharp, William A. Grey, Virgil Finlay, Robert Gibson Jones, and Joe W. Tillotson.
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 11 of The Argosy Library:
- The Phantom in the Rainbow by Slater LaMaster
- Threads of Evidence: The Complete Cases of Riordan, Volume 1 by Victor Maxwell
- Masters of Darkness by Murray Leinster
- Lies at Any Price: The Complete Cases of Gillian Hazeltine, Volume 1 by George F. Worts
- He Rules Who Can by Arthur Gilchrist Brodeur
- The House of the Ego: The Complete Cabalistic Cases of Semi Dual, Volume 3 by J.U. Giesy and Junius B. Smith
- Death to a Tenor by Fred MacIsaac
- Murder’s Masquerade: The Complete Cases of Mike & Trixie, Volume 1 by T.T. Flynn
- The Land of Limping Law: The Complete Cases of Calhoun, Volume 1 by Edward Parrish Ware
- Cocked Dice: The Complete Cases of Daffy Dill, Volume 1 by Richard B. Sale
Get all of Series 11 at a big discount!
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 10 of The Argosy Library:
- Tarantula Tower: The Adventures of Scarlet and Bradshaw, Volume 4 by Theodore Roscoe
- Henry Plays a Hunch: The Complete Tales of Sheriff Henry, Volume 5 by W.C. Tuttle
- King of the Dead: The Saga of Monella, Volume 3 by Frank Aubrey
- Cave of the Blue Scorpion: The Adventures of Peter the Brazen, Volume 5 by Loring Brent
- The Monster of the Lagoon: The Complete Adventures of Singapore Sammy, Volume 3 by George F. Worts
- The Fourteen Points by Arthur B. Reeve
- War Dragons: The Complete Adventures of Cordie, Soldier of Fortune, Volume 4 by W. Wirt
- Shark Trail: The Complete Adventures of Bellow Bill Williams, Volume 3 by Ralph R. Perry
- Minions of the Shadow by William Gray Beyer
- Rats of the Harbor: The Complete Cases of Dirk and Baker by Ray Cummings
Get all of Series 10 at a big discount!
A beam of darkness had been paid on Fifth Avenue for precisely fifteen minutes, and a forewarned underworld had reaped the harvest. Every source of valuables that could be found had been cleaned put. An amazing and baffling new weapon of the Underworld put New York at Crime’s mercy, and has left the city’s police blindly grasping for answers. Written by noted Science Fiction author Murray Leinster, “The Darkness on Fifth Avenue” and its three sequels are finally collected in book form.
In the far-flung future of 1981, science plays a great part in crime prevention. But Franklin Dirk and Jack Baker of the secret service find that nerves and brains are just as important. Included here are all three stories of Dirk and Baker as they investigate murder, blackmail, and undersea pirates in the commerce of Great New York: “Bandits of the Cylinder,” “The Disappearance of William Roger,” and “Rats of the Harbor.”
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 9 of The Argosy Library:
- The Python Pit: The Complete Adventures of Singapore Sammy, Volume 2 by George F. Worts
- A Queen of Atlantis: The Saga of Monella, Volume 2 by Frank Aubrey
- Four Corners, Volume 2 by Theodore Roscoe
- The Stuff of Empire: The Complete Adventures of Bellow Bill Williams, Volume 2 by Ralph R. Perry
- Galloping Gold: The Complete Tales of Sheriff Henry, Volume 4 by W.C. Tuttle
- Jades and Afghans: The Complete Adventures of Cordie, Soldier of Fortune, Volume 3 by W. Wirt
- The Ledger of Life: The Complete Cabalistic Cases of Semi Dual, the Occult Detector by J.U. Giesy & Junius B. Smith
- Minions of Mercury by William Gray Beyer
- White Heather Weather by Frederick Faust writing as John Frederick
- The Fire Flower and Other Adventures: The Jackson Gregory Omnibus by Jackson Gregory
Get all of Series 9 at a big discount!
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 8 of The Argosy Library:
- Satan’s Vengeance by Carroll John Daly
- The Viper: The Complete Cases of Madame Storey, Volume 2 by Hulbert Footner
- The Sapphire Smile: The Adventures of Peter the Brazen, Volume 4 by George F. Worts writing as Loring Brent
- The Curse of Capistrano and Other Adventures: The Johnston McCulley Omnibus, Volume 2 by Johnston McCulley
- The Man Who Mastered Time and Other Adventures: The Ray Cummings Omnibus by Ray Cummings
- The Guns of the American: The Adventures of Norcross, Volume 2 by W. Wirt
- Trailin’ by Frederick Faust writing as Max Brand
- War Declared! by Theodore Roscoe
- The Return of the Night Wind by Varick Vanardy
- The Fetish Fighters and Other Adventures: The F.V.W. Mason Foreign Legion Stories Omnibus by F.V.W. Mason
Get all of Series 8 at a big discount!
Given an overdose of an untried super-anesthetic, Mark Nevin went into a slumber that lasted for six thousand years. While he slept, there were wars; the civilization Mark knew disappeared; and mankind reverted to savagery. Detroit (AD 7952 Edition) is running around in circles—following the commands of men long dead and threatening chaos to the world. Enter Omega, swooping from the clouds with Mark Nevin flying behind him. A sparkling and fast-moving tale of adventures in the Days to Come….
Two early science fiction classics from the heyday of Argosy are reprinted from their original magazine texts. Pioneering the subatomic fiction genre and inspiring a legion of imitators, Ray Cummings followed up his initial science fiction works with two more novel-length stories: “The Fire People” and “The Man Who Mastered Time,” which are considered installments in Cummings’ “Matter, Space, Time” series. Included here are the Virgil Finlay illustrations from “The Man Who Mastered Time’s” subsequent appearance in Fantastic Novels, as well as all of the original illustrations from their first magazine appearances by Roger B. Morrison.
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 7 of The Argosy Library:
- Kingdom Come by Martin McCall
- Henry Rides the Danger Trail: The Complete Tales of Sheriff Henry, Volume 3 by W.C. Tuttle
- Z is for Zombie by Theodore Roscoe
- The Bait and the Trap: The Complete Adventures of Tizzo, Volume 2 by Max Brand
- Minions of Mars by William Gray Beyer
- Swords in Exile: The Rakehelly Adventures of Cleve and d’Entreville, Volume 2 by Murray R. Montgomery
- Men With No Master: The Complete Adventures of Robin the Bombardier by Roy de S. Horn
- The Torch by Jack Bechdolt
- King of Chaos and Other Adventures: The Johnston McCulley Omnibus by Johnston McCulley
- The Blind Spot by Austin Hall & Homer Eon Flint
Get all of Series 7 at a big discount!
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 5 of The Argosy Library:
- Eric of the Strong Heart by Victor Rousseau
- Murder on the High Seas and The Diamond Bullet: The Complete Cases of Gillian Hazeltine by George F. Worts
- A Columbus of Space and The Moon Metal: The Garrett P. Serviss Omnibus, Volume 1 by Garrett P. Serviss
- The Woman of the Pyramid and Other Tales: The Perley Poore Sheehan Omnibus, Volume 1 by Perley Poore Sheehan
- The Black Tide: The Complete Adventures of Bellow Bill Williams, Volume 1 by Ralph R. Perry
- The Nine Red Gods Decide: The Complete Adventures of Cordie, Soldier of Fortune, Volume 2 by W. Wirt
- A Grave Must Be Deep! by Theodore Roscoe
- The American by Max Brand
- The Complete Adventures of Koyala, Volume 1 by John Charles Beecham
- The Cult Murders by Alan Forsyth
Get all of Series 5 at a big discount!
A Columbus of Space and The Moon Metal: The Garrett P. Serviss Omnibus, Volume 1 (The Argosy Library)
This first of two omnibus collections of pulp classics by science fiction pioneer Garrett P. Serviss, which originally appeared in the pages of The All-Story magazine.
A Columbus of Space: A trip to Venus brings a group of explorers into contact with the inhabitants of that mysterious planet… and if they can survive the dangers they pose, they’ll need to figure out an escape back to earth. An early science fiction classic.
The Moon Metal: After the collapse of the gold market and the world in an economic collapse, a mysterious doctor offers the world a new financial standard: the rare metal, artemsium. But just what is the secret of this new metal?
The Argosy Library #44
One of the most historically significant Twentieth Century science fiction series ever published is at last collected. A pioneer in pulp science fiction, Ray Cummings inspired an entirely-new fiction genre with his influential story originally published in 1919, The Girl in the Golden Atom, which introduced the world to a series of short stories and novels known as his “Matter, Space and Time” range.
This suite of stories featured the Scientific Club: a group of New York-based socialites of revolving membership who either recounted these tales of fantastic science—or were directly involved in these tales which originally appeared in the top magazines of the 1920s: All Story Weekly, Argosy, Detective Story Magazine, Flynn’s, and Science and Invention, among others.
This collection assembles all of the Scientific Club stories, sourced directly from their original magazine appearances… most of which have never before been reprinted. In addition, this deluxe edition includes all of Cummings’ Scientific Club stories which appeared exclusively in the United Kingdom. It also gathers the later Scientific Club stories from a brief revival in the mid-1930s.
No stone has been left unturned for this edition: two hitherto-unknown Scientific Club stories were discovered, and these have been included, along with 26 other stories. And among the many bonus features is a rare, alternate, early version of one of the Scientific Club stories.
Rounded out by vintage illustrations by Virgil Finlay, Frank R. Paul, Norman Saunders, Amos Sewell, Modest Stein, and Lawrence Sterne Stevens, and with an all-new introduction by Will Murray, The Complete Tales of the Scientific Club is a book one hundred years in the making.
Casewrap hardcover edition.
by Edgar Rice Burroughs, Max Brand, W. Wirt, Varick Vanardy, George F. Worts, Abraham Merritt, James B. Hendryx, Otis Adelbert Kline, William Gray Beyer, and Arthur Leo Zagat
This specially-priced set includes all ten books in Series 3 of The Argosy Library:
- Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar by Edgar Rice Burroughs, introduction by Vernell Coriell
- Clovelly by Max Brand
- War Lord of Many Swordsmen: The Adventures of Norcross, Volume 1 by W. Wirt
- Alias the Night Wind by Varick Vanardy
- The Blue Fire Pearl: The Complete Adventures of Singapore Sammy, Volume 1 by George F. Worts
- The Moon Pool & The Conquest of the Moon Pool by Abraham Merritt, introduction by Will Murray
- The Gun-Brand by James B. Hendryx
- Jan of the Jungle by Otis Adelbert Kline
- Minions of the Moon by William Gray Beyer
- Drink We Deep by Arthur Leo Zagat
Get all of Series 3 at a big discount!
Surrounded by crumbling Cyclopean ruins, the Moon Pool was a place of both horror and wonder. No Polynesian race had constructed it. Sacred yet accursed too, the spot was far older then recorded history. As was the luminous thing that dwelt within its unfathomable depths, a transcendent being summoned from its ancient slumber by the cold rays of the full moon.
A. Merritt was one of the pioneers in the field of science-fantasy fiction. A Munsey magazine mainstay, he electrified readers of All-Story Weekly when it published “The Moon Pool” in 1918. The haunting tale of supernatural wonder created a sensation that led to a novel-length sequel, The Conquest of the Moon Pool. This Altus Press volume collects for the first time the original unrevised versions of these now-classic tales, illustrated by the incomparable Virgil Finlay.