Dime Detective magazine was the flagship detective pulp in the Popular Publications stable, running for almost 300 issues over twenty years. The third issue contains stories by Madeleine Sharps Buchanan, Frederick Nebel, Carroll John Daly, and Oscar Schisgall, and includes another appearance by Nebel’s long-running series character, Cardigan as well as Carroll John Daly’s character, Vee “Crime Machine” Brown.
By Madeleine Sharps Buchanan, Robert H. Rohde, Frederick Nebel, Carroll John Daly, Oscar Schisgall, and Norman H. White, Jr.; illustrated by William Reusswig, Amos Sewell and John Fleming Gould
Contains the following stories:
- “The White Diver of Death” by Madeleine Sharps Buchanan
- “The Chamber of Doom” by Robert H. Rohde
- “Six Diamonds and a Dick” by Frederick Nebel
- “The Crime Machine” by Carroll John Daly
- “Once a Crook” by Oscar Schisgall
- “Hot Ice” by Norman H. White, Jr.